The noise exposure for an operator of a construction vehicle is often over a prolonged period of time.
This means that suppressing noise level he is exposed to is critical to ensuring compliance with the safety requirements of the European directive (2003/10/EC) and national legislation. The operator’s position in construction vehicles typically has a number of acoustic problems, these include a small enclosed environment, large proportion of acoustically reflective glazed surfaces and multiple noise sources from the vehicle. Due to the multi-functional nature of the vehicle, a typical noise control package comprises several noise control strategies. These packages are designed as part of a noise testing process either at the clients site or at our test facility here in Ventac. Requirements for noise testing are determined by the nature of the vehicle being tested.
Ventac’s test capabilities include:
- Precision sound pressure level /sound power level measurement
- Frequency analysis
- FFT and noise source identification
- Sound intensity measurement and noise mapping
- Vibration measurement
- Modal analysis and frequency transfer function measurement
Having worked with and developed successful solutions for many OEM’s for the following types of industrial vehicles:
- Wheeled excavators
- Crawler excavators
- Wheeled loader
- Articulated truck (40 tonne payload)
- Rigid mining truck (100 tonne payload)